Europe’s bestselling book for preparing for EPSO AST-level competitions
The Ultimate EU Test Book - ASSISTANT Edition 2013
Europe’s bestselling book for preparing for EPSO AST-level competitions!
Fully updated for 2013 and packed with guidance, useful tips and practical exercises, this is the ESSENTIAL ALL-IN-ONE TOOLKIT for the European Personnel Selection Office ASSISTANT-level exams.
(NOTE: there is a separate edition for Administrator exams.)
Compiled by a team of experts, the fully revised 2013 edition provides a complete range of materials to assist candidates from start to finish, as well as a full description of how the EU recruitment process works. There are individual chapters on how to succeed in verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning tests, plus full practice exercises with 150 sample verbal reasoning test questions, 150 numerical reasoning questions and 100 abstract reasoning questions – all with explanations of what the correct answer is and why.
Other features of the book include 190 questions-with-answers in the professional skills tested by EPSO – organising and prioritising, computer literacy and accuracy, plus situational judgement tests and the tests to be faced at the Assessment Centre, including the structured interview, group exercise, case study and in-tray exercise, together with explanations of how your performance in these will be assessed.
Introduction. The EU Personnel Selection and Recruitment Process for Assistants
PART I: PRE-SELECTION – PSYCHOMETRIC TESTS
1. Verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning tests in EPSO Assistant exams
2. Succeeding in Verbal Reasoning tests
3. Verbal Reasoning Test: 150 Questions and Answer Explanations
4. Succeeding in Numerical reasoning Tests
5. Numerical Reasoning Test: 150 Questions and Answer Explanations
6. Succeeding in Abstract Reasoning Tests
7. Abstract Reasoning Test: 100 Questions and Answer Explanations
8. Succeeding in Situational Judgement Tests, with sample tests
PART II: PRE-SELECTION – PROFESSIONAL SKILLS TESTS
1. Organising and Prioritising Test: 60 Questions and Answers
2. Computer Literacy Test: 50 Questions and Answers
3. Accuracy Test: 80 Questions and Answers
PART III: THE ASSESSMENT CENTRE FOR ASSISTANTS
1. About Assessment Centres and Exercises
2. The Structured Interview
3. The In-Tray Exercise
4. The Group Exercise
5. The Case Study
6. Sample Assessment Centre Reports
About the author:
András BANETH is an author, speaker and SHL-certified assessor who is himself a former official of the European Commission and the European Court of Justice. He is a senior executive partner at Arboreus, the operator of Online EU Training, the leading EU exam preparation website and director of the European Training Academy. The supporting team of contributors includes specialists in the design of psychometric tests and in the EU exam process.
Publication Date: 25 January 2013
Free shipping! This book ships from the UK.
- ISBN: 978-0-9571501-1-9
- Publisher: John Harper Publishing
- Author: András Baneth
- Language: English
- Type: Paperback (416 Pages)
Price: 39.00 €
Price excludes shipping costs and 6% VAT. All sales are final. Publications are shipped by regular mail and generally take a week to 10 days from the date of shipment to arrive at its destination. Orders are shipped within 2 business days from the order date.