The same three authors have co-written all eight editions of this book
The European Parliament, 8th edition (2011)
This new edition of the leading textbook on the European Parliament has been fully updated to include the many important changes since the last edition in 2007 – including the results of the Treaty of Lisbon. The book systematically explains every aspect of how the Parliament is elected, organised and does it work.
1. The Parliament in context
2. How it is elected
3. Where, when and in quale lingua
4. The individual members
5. The political groups
6. Leadership structures
7. The Parliamentary committees
8. Interparliamentary delegations
11. The Parliament secretariat
12. The Parliament and legislation
13. The budgetary role
14. Appointment and dismissal
15. Scrutiny and control of the executive
16. A political forum and a channel for communication
17. The EP and National Parliaments
18. Parliament and constitutional change
Appendices: Elections to the EP since 1979 and Guide to further reading
The same three authors have co-written all eight editions of this book:
Richard Corbett, formerly an MEP, is now the advisor on constitutional questions to the President of the European Council, Herman Van Rompuy. Francis Jacobs is Head of the European Parliament’s Information Office in Ireland and Michael Shackleton is Head of the European Parliament Information Office in the United Kingdom. Between them they have unrivalled knowledge of how the Parliament actually works.
Published: 07 June 2011
Free shipping! This book ships from the UK.
- ISBN: ISBN 978-0-9564508-5-2
- Publisher: John Harper Publishing
- Author: Richard Corbett, Francis Jacobs and Michael Shackleton
- Language: English
- Type: Paperback (416 pages)
Price: 30.00 €
Price excludes shipping costs and 6% VAT. All sales are final. Publications are shipped by regular mail and generally take a week to 10 days from the date of shipment to arrive at its destination. Orders are shipped within 2 business days from the order date.